Thursday, November 1, 2018

An Absence Unexplained~ by Tracey Sivek

An absence Unexplained~


There's a special kind of cruel in my life
the kind where common decency is flushed
down the toilet like a quick shit.

I'd take up smoking but sooner or later
that would burn down too.

There's a sickness in human behavior isn't there?
I'm not void of it but I try damn hard to fix it.
All I know that when I love it's from a true place
inside where dreams and reality are still waiting
to collide.
A place where when someone says "I love you" you
feel it to your bones and know it's centuries old.

But there is nothing more painful than an empty " I
love you"  forced from fear.

If it weren't for my son....if it weren't for my spiritual
beliefs that I'd have to come back and redo all this to
raise my soul up.... I would have taken the exit long ago...

There is this unexplained absence...and I've learned hate from it




Tracey is a native of Northern Michigan.  She has work on Writerscafe and Cosmofunnel.  She is the Author of "Zero Evidence of Life" found on lulu.com. 
Her publications include .
The Abyss, Under The Bleachers ,  The Rye Whiskey Review .



No comments:

Post a Comment